What is an IAM Massage Tool?
Hand massage therapy can be wonderful treatment technique, but some treatments may require a helping hand with a massage tool or Instrument Assisted Technique.
Scar tissue is one example where hand massage may not be strong enough to break down tough healed scar tissue, so the instrument assisted technique can be used to break down toughened tissue that can fuse and restrict movement.
What are the benefits of a treatment using Instrument Assisted Technique?
- Increased skin temperature
- Increased the rate and amount of blood flow to and from the treated area
- Increased cellular activity in the region, including fibroblasts and mast cells
- Increases histamine response, secondary to mast cell activity
- Separation and break down of collagen cross-links.
- Splays and stretches connective tissue and muscle fiber
- Facilitates reflex changes in chronic muscle holding patern
- Alters spinal reflux activity (facilitated segment)